In March 2009, I spent two days in the Chernobyl zone of exclusion. When I put my pictures online, I don’t add a lot of text and history to it. In the case of Chernobyl however, having the pictures speak for themselves wouldn’t do the trip nor the location justice – there is too much to tell about the history and ambiance; for this reason, I have made the travel stories part of the publishing process.
This page collects the complete Chernobyl Journal, which was published as part of the blog between April and July 2009. So put on some sturdy travel shoes, fire up the Geiger counter, and follow me.
…and if you just want the multimedia content:
- The Chernobyl Journal text is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives-NonCommercial 3.o license: You’re allowed to share it, as long as you give me credit, don’t make changes, and don’t use it to make money.
- All pictures and sounds are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license: You’re allowed to share and remix, as long as you give me credit and use the same license.
- All video material is published under Creative Commons as well. Please check the exact licensing at the respective YouTube page.
Looking for pictures from Chernobyl?
- Chernobyl Hospital « The Hyperarchival Parallax on About Me
- Lost Place – Tschernobyl | Picture & Geocachingblog on Chernobyl Journal
- Urban Decay « Uncategorized on Chernobyl Journal
- Abandoned places: Pripyat Hospital, Chernobyl | Under the Mountain Bunker on Chernobyl Journal
- Bên trong b?nh vi?n b? b? hoang ? Chernobyl | Vi?t Nam ??p – Hình ?nh ??p & tin t?c Vi?t Nam on Chernobyl Journal